9.15.2010

Difficulties

Every time I go dumpster diving, I end up with more than I can carry. Even if I go with other people, we end up with more than we can carry. Here's what I got out of the Michael's dumpster (my favourite dumpster) today:

Dumpster Diving

I am excited about the spray paint and the rug hooking kit! The kit is missing the hook thingey, but by crazy random happenstance, I have one already! I really wanted one of these when I was younger, but I never told anyone so I never got one. I am also super excited to have a craft mat I can cut on! I've been using a cutting board with paper on it, but it's not quite the same. Not sure if all the bits are there for the circular cutting thingey, but I'll try it out anyway?

I also found five large candles ("classic linen" scented) and a bunch of really nice matching picture frames, but they were really difficult to carry (plus I'm allergic to candles), so I left them at a friend's house. Usually the frames in the dumpster have broken glass, but these were in perfect condition.

I sort of want to start a knitting/crochet/spinning/etc club at Waterloo, but I don't know if it's worth it or if enough people would be interested. I also want to offer to teach people to knit/crochet/spin for $$, I teach friends all the time for free, but money is nice since I have none.

I took some stuff to Rare Funk yesterday. I really need to start using it more, particularly since it's fall, and hats are easy and fun to make without patterns. I have a GOAL. My GOAL is to make at least a hat per week (if I wasn't doing school or other crafts I could probably manage three per week, but I want to start with a reasonable number).

No comments:

Post a Comment