4.28.2011

Websites

My website.

It is terrible.

The difficulty (well, the main one) is that I don't know how to make websites. I don't particularly want to learn either, I either want to just have it done or magically know how to do it. Artistic things I enjoy learning, computer-y things not so much. I don't mind it when it's a program I can click around in and figure everything out, but making a nice website requires a little more focus and effort than that. Plus I don't know what I want it to look like.

I have a slightly dodgey banner I made for my etsy store.



...which is basically all the work I've put into my website, aside from the slightly eyewatering text that's currently up. But I wrote all THAT html myself! (Mostly.)

I think the nicest site I've seen recently is loish.net, which is a site for an artist who draws wonderful things! My favourite is this one:



(Although this one comes a close second.)

But her website is nice too, pretty without being confusing or cluttered. So possibly I will try and make something similar (without copying of course, that just isn't classy. Plus it's kind of suspicious if you're promoting yourself as an artist/artisan and you have to copy your website design from someone else...).


On an entirely different note, I am on an extremely unsatisfying family vacation. I have not had anything resembling privacy for a week and it's starting to get to me. I'll be fine once I get home and have spent a couple hours in my room with the door shut, but right now I am a bundle of stress. I have a renewed appreciation for being allowed to turn the lights on when I need to pee in the middle of the night, and for not living in a house with dogs or cats.

Only two more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment